Prompts-2024 - Enter writing prompt suggestions here

Voice.club VIP members can enter prompt suggestions clicking the Reply button below.

VIP members can suggest their own creative prompts. If our staff approves your prompt, it will go into the active Prompt list, and can be used for future writing Contests or Events.

Guidelines for prompts:

• Brevity - no more than 20 characters
  • Universal - understood by people from different cultures and age groups
  • Appealing - should inspire creative writing
  • Language - must be in English, with no special characters

You may also optionally include a description to elaborate on the brief prompt:

• Two to three sentences of text
  • Haikus make good descriptions
1 Like

Prompt: Amaryllis

Description:

Red Amaryllis
Basking in the winter sun-
Someone is singing!

1 Like

Prompt: Time

Description:

Time. Sometimes it passes too quickly, sometimes not quickly enough. We spend it, waste it, measure it, stretch it, save it – but we never have quite enough of it. Time may be our most precious commodity. It is free, and yet infinitely precious.

2 Likes

Balmy Nights

As summer approaches the days become warmer and balmy nights are full of promise.

1 Like

Ambition

Ambition can take you to places you never dreamed. Or it can blind you to what is most important in life.

3 Likes

Prompt: MIRACLES

Description: Prayer is very powerful, as it opens all doors of possibilities. Miracles are divine, sacred, power, spiritual and supernatural.

2 Likes

Time certainly is a good idea for a prompt. It’s always there, but still difficult, if not impossible, to grasp and understand. At the same time, it can be looked at in a poetic and a scientific way.

This is a great idea for a writing theme, Lotchie. We all love miracles and hope and pray for them. They can take all kinds of expressions and come as surprises when least expected. Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

Ambition is a great idea for a prompt, Linda. As you mention is can be double-edged. It’s necessary for success, but can be a monster if used too egoistically.

1 Like

Thank you, Christer. As you can see, my suggestion has been chosen as one of the March prompts. So now I need to knuckle down and write the story! I look forward to reading yours!

Congratulations, Linda, to the success with your suggestion. I’ll do my best to come up with something to write on the topic, but since you suggested the prompt, your ambitions are probably higher than mine, haha.

1 Like

Thanks, Christer. It has now been selected as the event prompt for March. I am looking forward to reading your story on my suggested prompt. I am very much excited.

Lotchie, thanks for your marvellous prompt on miracles for the March Event. Great job! Miracles encompass the Biblical, mystical and so much in between. Great writing challenge.

1 Like

Thanks Linda for the prompt on ambition in the March contest. This was an excellent challenging prompt ranging from the positive in wanting to do something to better oneself, and use labour and determination wisely. Besides healthy personal growth and improvement, achievement can be negative. Wanting power and status at the expense of others is definitely unhealthy ambition.

2 Likes

Magic

Ronald Dahl wrote,“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
Magic adds sparkle. It inspires us to believe that there is beauty and enchantment in our lives and in nature.

2 Likes

I am very happy to see that your idea for a prompt was selected, Lotchie. Now, let us put our brains to work and see what comes up. There are still three weeks to think and work, but it always takes a while for me to get going.
Right now, in my garden here in Colombia, my wife has a hen, patiently lying on ten eggs in a box in the henhouse. In another week, they are going to hatch and, hopefully, transform into ten little loving creatures.
(That’s a miracle in itself, how new lives are created.)
More or less in the same way, I have to patiently wait for an idea to incubate in my mind before it gets ready to meet the world. It’s always an exiting time.
I also hope to read something miraculous from you, Lotchie. Good luck with your writing!

1 Like

Am I too late here? Sorry, I’ve been plagued with dr. appointments lately. I like the prompts: vintage, era, retro. Something from times long ago. That might be fun!

2 Likes

I love that quote, Margarida. And Magic would make a great prompt.

Yes. How new lives are created is a miracle in itself. Thanks for the new idea. And a new life after a severe illness is a miracle too. I hope I can submit my new story to this prompt within this week. I hope so.

Thank you also, Margarida. I can’t wait to read more stories on Miracles Prompt.