Bitterness and Forgiveness - by Susan Giles

https://Voice.club - Levi sits on the crest of the mountain, gazing down at the inferno spread out below. For years Ria sat here with him, taking in the beauty of this valley lush with green forests and teeming with animal life. The pleasure they gained from the life around them only increased their joy in each other. Their shared passion continuously burned hot, then turned cold, until finally an ultimatum was reached: she changes, or he forgives her when hell freezes over or the earth is devoured by fire.

He sits.

Glaciers melt, ocean levels rise, species disappear. With a heart hard with bitterness and pain, he watches the fires consume the valley below. As flames lick their way up the mountainside toward his feet, he remembers the passion in her eyes, and feels their never-ending love burn away the bitterness in his heart. He sits, a tear of forgiveness glistens in his eye.

1 Like

Susan, I love how you interweave a love story with climate change problems. Well done.

Hello, Susan. How are you? I love this story of yours—a love story combined with climate changes. It hits an impact on all.

I am happy to finally be back after my breast operation. I am still in recovery lying in bed, but I missed you all and the site that gives me relief after all the challenges I’ve faced. I hope you are fine.

Thank you, Margarida for reading and responding to my story. If we loved the earth to the extent we loved those closest to us, possibly we would not have climate change problems.

So glad your operation went well and so glad that this site helps in your recovery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lotchie, I’m sending you healing and positive thoughts your way! Get well, be well and stay well! All my best!:hugs:

1 Like

Thanks, Deborah. I am now getting better than before.