broken is not the end,
but a beginning,
a chance to rebuild,
to reshape,
to rediscover the beauty
in being whole
once more.

1 Like

I forgot to say that the title of my essay on David Whyte’s poem is called “A Poem for Those Who Are Grieving”

1 Like

Hello dear Melissa - I don’t know if you read my essay on David Whyte’s poem “The Well of Grief”, but your beautiful “broken” poem demonstrates exactly what he spoke of. You have gone deep into the brokenness and found the promise, the renewal that awaits those with the courage and patience to explore the darkness.

As you so beautifully said, “broken does not mean unmendable, only changed”. And the essence of a life well lived: “to be broken is to be human, to live is to embrace the cracks and the seams, to find light in the spaces where darkness once dwelled.”

As a fellow traveler down some of those difficult paths, I salute your courage and your profound discoveries.

Beautiful writing. How nice to see/hear your poetry again. More, please!!

1 Like

Wow! I was very impressed with this poem of yours, Melissa. You honestly made me cry while reading and listening to your voice. What a beautiful message it portrayed, “broken is not the end, but a beginning, a chance to rebuild, to reshape, to rediscover the beauty in being whole once more.”

I know, that everyone who has been broken before or now can relate to this. A loud applause from me. Hats off to you!

Thank you, Lotchie! This was not my voice, but the person who did it did a lovely job!

I have had a rough few years and have definitely been broken during it all. I hope people find calm in the poem. Broken doesn’t mean we can’t be whole again. There is certainly beauty in that resilience.

1 Like

An exquisite poem, indeed. I read it a couple of days ago and left a comment. It gave me so much calm.

Thank you for your wonderful comment, Julie!

The last several years have been difficult ones for me. I certainly fashioned this poem from my own personal experiences. I remember that you have also travelled down some very difficult paths. I admire you, your work and your comments so much.

The voice coming through the speakers is not mine. I want to thank whoever did it! I am quite emotional listening to it. I will do my bet to write some more, Julie. Thanks again!

Awesome poem! Thanks for sharing. I also shared it on my Facebook account so my friends and family could read it. I hope and have prayed that everything will be better for you. Sending my warmest hugs and kisses. You take care always.

1 Like

You’re such a beautiful person, Lotchie! Thank you for your share and kind words! I always wished that we lived closer, we would become great friends, I’m sure. I hope you are doing well. And you take care as well.

1 Like

Friendship is not measured by distance, Melissa. I will always be your great, long-distance friend. It is just a matter of communication. You are always in my prayers.

1 Like

I agree, Lotchie. I feel very lucky to know both you and Melissa, and to be able to communicate in this special way. Thank you for spreading so much happiness among all of us!

2 Likes

How are you, Julie? It is a rainy morning here.

The rain you describe sounds very lovely! We are having a heat wave here, with no rain and heat index over 100F. I would love a nice gray, rainy day right now.

You can come here to my place anytime to experience the rain every day. We don’t need an aircon here too. It is free by nature.