Raphi Mouawad - Presents - Lush Life - by Billy Strayhorn - 2024-06-08

#1 - Raphael Mouawad - Performance:

#2 - John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman

#3 - Nat King Cole

#4 - Lead Sheet

I enjoyed this hour very much and was totally impressed by Raphi. For his piano play of course, but also for the way he talked about the piece, the composer, and the theory around how to play this kind of jazz. He is a very nice young man and seems very mature and advanced for his age. I wish him a lot of success with both music and life. Thanks also to Chris and Julie for extending your knowledge and generosity.

It was a delight to have you join our Zoom session, Christer! We all learned so much from @RaphaelMouawad in his great jazz presentation. Lush Life has so much to say to all of us - as writers and as musicians and as human beings. Thanks also to @NeilAwasthi and @Chris for their great input and feedback. @BettinaGray sent her best wishes - she couldn’t come, since she was in the middle of a multi-concert weekend. We hope @MylesSpencer and @AlexanderMoiseev - will join us next month for a presentation by @AnnikaJoshi

Hi Christer - It was awesome to have you join the Music Exchange Zoom! I have enjoyed your writing for years, and it’s so great to see our creative community blending into other artistic disciplines. Your input in the session was so thoughtful and you added so much to the session. I really look forward to seeing you in the next session on SAT July 13 at noon ET.

This was an awesome session and I enjoyed the artistic discussion. We missed @MylesSpencer and @LoganEvans since their input is always so valuable. The presentation was great. I’m very impressed at the level of artistry of our young members. I’m also looking forward to the July 13th presentation from another of our talented members @AnnikaJoshi

I also mentioned in recent Zoom sessions about online music recording collaboration, and now we are moving forward on the idea of the “Music Exchange Studio”. Since everyone in the sessions has expressed their interest, as the studio gets underway, I will reach out to @RaphaelMouawad and others, and may need your help testing the new online collab.

To get prepared for the Music Exchange Studio, make sure you have a good microphone and the ability to record your voice and your instrument.

Thanks all for the wonderful feedback. The online music collaboration sounds amazing and I can’t wait to start working on it.

Thanks, Chris. It was an honor for me to be there with you professional guys and I would love to return on July 13. However, I know that I am out on deep water and have to do my best not to reveal my ignorance. Best of luck to you and thanks again for the work you are doing.

Hey Christer - Don’t worry about what you know or don’t know. We “professionals”, as you called us, could greatly benefit from the feedback and first impressions of someone who is not trained as a musician. After all, that’s who we compose and perform for - audiences who aren’t highly trained!

You have no idea how valuable your input really is - so please do come!